How far are you from the beach?
The villas are a short 5 minute walk from the beach. There is a path at the end of the road which takes you over the sand dunes to a very peaceful and picturesque part of Cable Beach.
Alternatively, it is a 10 minute walk to the Surf Lifesaving Club, where lifeguards are on duty from April to October and where you will find toilets, changing facilities, children’s playground, beach hire, cafe, takeaway food and large grassed areas.
Do you pickup from the airport?
No, we do not have a pickup service, but Broome Taxis runs a bus service that meets every plane which lands at the Broome Airport. This costs between $5 and $10 per person (depending on the number of guests in your group) and will drop you at the front of Cable Beachside Villas.
Alternatively a taxi from the airport costs approximately $15.00.
If required, we can arrange a hire car for you which can be collected from the airport. Please contact us if you wish to arrange this.
Do you have a children’s playground?
No, but there is a wonderful playground only 10 minutes walk away at Cable Beach, near Zanders Cafe. This playground is provided by the Shire of Broome and is covered by shade sails to protect children from the sun.
There is also a mini-golf course directly across the road at the Cable Beach General Store and Cafe.
Do you have a swimming pool?
Yes, we have a salt-water swimming pool. The pool has a shade sale for protection from the sun.
Do you provide linen and towels?
We provide all the linen and towels for all beds in the villas.
We also have pool/beach towels available for hire if required.
How many guests can stay in your villas?
We can accommodate the following numbers of guests in our villas:
- 3 Bedroom villa and 3 Bedroom Spa villa. These villas sleep up to 6 guests in the supplied bedding. We can sleep an additional 2 guests on folder beds, but no more than 8 guests per villa.
- 2 Bedroom villa. These villas sleep up to 4 guests in the supplied bedding. We can sleep an additional 2 guests on folder beds, but no more than 6 guests per villa.
- 1 Bedroom villa. These villas sleep up to 2 guests in the supplied bedding. We cannot accommodate any additional guests in these villas.
How often are the villas serviced?
As these are self-catering villas, the villas are only serviced on departure. However, we do provide a weekly change of linen and towels for guests staying for more than 7 days.
Do you provide a hairdryer?
Yes, each villa has a hairdryer in the bathroom.
Do your villas have laundry facilities?
Yes, each of our self-catering villas has its own laundry, with an automatic washing machine, trough, iron, ironing board, and outdoor clothesline.
Do you have safes in the villas?
All of our villas have a digital safe. The safe is large enough to store a 15” notebook computer and is secured by your own personally selectable PIN.
Do you accept children?
Yes, our villas are perfect for families with children. Children under 3 can sleep for free in the same bedding as their parents, or alternatively, we have cots available for hire if required.
We have stair gates available for our two storey villas to ensure that your little ones cannot climb the stairs.
Do you have a restaurant?
No, our villas are all self-catering villas and we do not provide any food or beverage services onsite. However, we are a short walk from several cafes, restaurants and bars, including:
- Cable Beach General Store and Cafe – great for breakfast and bread, milk, etc
- The Diver’s Tavern –la carte menu with large portions at reasonable prices. Also has a counter menu.
- The Old Zoo Cafe. A more upmarket establishment with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Menus
- The Zeebar. A relaxed bar serving tapas and other fine dining.
- The Sunset Bar and Grill. Fantastic sunset views of Cable Beach. Serves a fixed price menu with salad and desert bar.
- Zanders. Located next to the Surf Lifesaving Club, with a varied Mediterranean menu. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner all year round. Also does a selection of takeaway meals and pizzas.
- The Club Restaurant. Located at the Cable Beach Club villas and a perfect location for that special celebration.
- Selene Brassiere at the new Pinctada villas is a short walk and serves five star meals for that special occassion.
What supermarkets are available in Broome?
Broome has both Coles and Woolworths supermarkets. Both are located on the bus route and are open every day of the year.
Is there any public transport in Broome?
Broome has a bus service which runs every day, with the nearest stop located 50m from Cable Beachside Villas. The buses run every 30 minutes from April to October, and every 60 minutes for the rest of the year. More information is available on the Town Bus Service website.
Broome is also serviced by 4 taxi companies. A taxi from Cable Beach to anywhere in Broome will cost approximately $15 to $25.
Which airlines fly to Broome?
The following airlines have regular flights to Broome:
How far is it to drive to Broome?
Distances to Broome:
- 2,375km from Perth via Carnarvon
- 2,100km from Perth via Newman
- 1,880km from Darwin
- 1,042km from Kununurra
- 1,012km from Tom Price
- 597km from Port Hedland
- 836km from Karratha
- 395km from Fitzroy Crossing
- 221km from Derby
When is the Staircase to the Moon and what is it?
Also known as Stairway to the Moon, the Staircase to the Moon is a natural phenomenon where the full moon reflects of the tidal flats in Roebuck Bay at low tide. This event occurs for 3 nights on the full moon from March to October each year.
2010 Staircase dates:
- March 1, 2, 3
- March 31*, April 1*, 2
- April 29*, 30*, May 1
- May 28*, 29*, 30
- June 27*, 28*, 29
- July 26*, 27*, 28
- August 25*, 26*, 27
- September 24*, 25*, 26
- October 24*, 25*
Please click here to download a PDF about Staircase to the Moon 2010.
The moon rise is approximately 1 hour later each night.
Staircase markets operate on nights with a * only and the town bus service puts on extra bus services for these nights as well to ensure guests can get home from Roebuck Bay. (Market dates are subject to change). See here for bus times.
The Staircase to the Moon dates are very popular and our villas book out well in advance of these dates.
What is there to do in Broome?
Of course, Broome is famous for Cable Beach, a 20km stretch of amazing coastline. The beach is very popular for swimming, sunbathing, fishing and four-wheel driving.
Broome also has an amazing array of different tours and activities to suit all types of people – fishing, day trips, tours, camel rides, boat rides and even sky diving.
We offer a full booking service for all tours in and around Broome. If there is something special you wish to do, please enquire and we will help you with advice and booking.
During the busy peak season, it is important to book your tours in advance as they often book out, and in the off-peak season, tours do not run every day, so it is a good idea to plan ahead and book these in advance.
Broome also has a large number of restaurants, cafes and bars. Broome also has a nightclub called the Bungalow Bar.
Can you please recommend a hire car company in Broome?
We recommend Topless Rentals for car hire in Broome. They are a local company and can be contacted on 08 9193 5017, or checkout their website at www.toplessrentals.com.au.
When are the public holidays and school holidays in Western Australia?
Public Holidays in Western Australia for 2010
- New Year's Day - Friday 1 January
- Australia Day - Tuesday 26 January
- Labour Day - Monday 1 March
- Good Friday - Friday 2 April
- Easter Monday - Monday 5 April
- ANZAC Day - Sunday 25 April
- ANZAC Day Public Holiday - Monday 26 April
- Foundation Day - Monday 7 June
- Queen's Birthday - Monday 27 September
- Christmas Day - Saturday 25 December
- Christmas Day Public Holiday - Monday 27 December
- Boxing Day - Sunday 26 December
- Boxing Day Public Holiday - Tuesday 28 December
WA School Holidays for 2010
- Autumn - 2 April to 18 April
- Winter - 9 July to 24 July
- Spring - 1 October to 16 October
- Summer - 16 December to 31 January
Public Holidays in Western Australia for 2010
- New Year's Day - Saturday 1 January / Monday 3 January
- Australia Day - Wednesday 26 January
- Labour Day - Monday 7 March
- Good Friday - Friday 22 April
- Easter Monday - Monday 25 April
- ANZAC Day - Monday 25 April
- ANZAC Day Public Holiday - Tuesday 26 April
- Foundation Day - Monday 6 June
- Queen's Birthday - Monday 3 October
- Christmas Day - Sunday 25 December / Monday 26 December
- Boxing Day - Monday 26 December / Tuesday 27 December
WA School Holidays for 2011
- Autumn -& 22 April to 8 May
- Winter - 4 July to 19 July
- Spring - 26 September to 11 October
- Summer - 17 December to 1 February
Some public holidays and school holidays are different in other states in Australia.
Cable Beachside Villas is open for all public holidays; however we do not accept arrivals on the following public holidays:
- Christmas Day - 25 December
- Boxing Day - 26 December
- New Year's Day - 1 January
and the reception will be closed or open for shorter hours.
When is the Broome Cup
The Broome Cup is held each year on the second Saturday in August. So cup dates are as follows:
- 14 August 2010
- 13 August 2011
- 11 August 2012
There is a full round of events in the week leading up to the Broome Cup, and this is a very popular time to be in Broome. Our villas are normally booked out 12 months in advance for this period, as we have a lot of return guests who stay with us especially for the Broome Cup week.
Are you part of the Cable Beach Club Resort
While our names are similar, there is no connection between our villas and the Cable Beach Club Resort (also more commonly known as Cable Beach Resort). We are a completely separate business. Cable Beach Club Resort is a large full service villas with over 250 rooms and villas.
Cable Beachside Villas prides itself on being small, exclusive and friendly and we feel that your stay here will be very enjoyable. If you have a function at the Cable Beach Club Resort, then we are only a short 10 minute walk from their function centre and restaurants.